Four of our favorite authors — Bill Myers, Frank Peretti, Angela Hunt and Alton Gansky — have teamed up and written a new supernatural thriller full of suspense, and the beginning of a new series! Invitation is cycle one of the Harbringers series and can be found on our shelves at F Mye.
When author Bill Myers was asked if he could explain the concept for this new [Harbringers] series, he answered:
“I (Bill Myers) originally came up with the idea: What if several authors wrote a series of linked novellas that would read like episodes of a TV series? From there, we decided to give each author a unique character. Each novella is from the first-person POV of one of the Harbinger team members as they stumble into supernatural adventures and investigations.”
–go HERE for more Q&A with Bill Myers
- In The Call by Bill Myers, four strangers are drawn together to help a student at the mysterious Institute for Advanced Psychic Studies. His gifts are supposedly being honed to assist world leaders … but there are some very disturbing strings attached.
- Frank Peretti’s The Haunted confronts a supernatural mystery, a case of murder, and an exploration into the darkness of the human heart, all centering around a mysterious house.
- In Angela Hunt’s The Sentinels, animals around the world are mysteriously dying. What could it mean? When the tragedy begins to touch Andi’s dreams, she discovers a terrifying theory.
- The Girl by Alton Gansky is a gripping tale of a young barefoot girl found holding a scroll in the snowy Oregon mountains. She is sweet, innocent — apparently not of this world — and something wants to kill her.
Come on by and check it out!
Don’t miss one of our most read authors, Colleen Coble, and her newest novel — Because You’re Mine.
“When her husband Liam is killed by a car bomb while their Celtic band is on tour in Charelston, singer and Irish beauty Alanna doesn’t quite know where to turn. Her father-in-law is threatening to take custody of the baby she carries, but Alanna knows she can’t lose the only piece of Liam she has left.”
Want more books like this? Check out works from Irene Hannon or Julie Klassen!
Did you read The Girl on the Train? Want more from Irma Joubert?
Check out her newest novel — Child of the River.
“Persomi’s close relationship with her older brother Gerbrand and her fragile friendship with Boelie Fourie — heir to the Fourie farm and fortune — are her lifeline and her only connection to the outside world. When Gerbrand leaves the farm to fight on the side of the Anglos in WWII and Boelie joins an underground network of Boer nationalists, Persomi’s isolated world is blown wide open. But as her very small world falls apart, bigger dreams become open to her — dreams of an education, a profession, a native country that values justice and quality, and of love.”
Did you like the Books of the Infinites trilogy — Prophet — Judge — King?
Don’t miss one of R.J. Larson’s newest fantasy novels: DownFallen.
“Corban Thaenfall of Siphra is a fugitive from justice, separated by his own crimes from the woman he loves. Desperate to find peace for his warring soul, he resolves to make amends. But when he impulsively joins a fight to protect a family from mercenaries, Corban realizes that he risks his life and the chance to beg forgiveness for his crimes.
Matteo of Arimna longs to repay his enemies for the massacre that nearly destroyed his family and Darzeq’s royal dynasty. But with the realm of Darzeq in chaos and all loyalties suspected, he and his cousin, Anji, must depend upon a renegade nobleman to help them reach safety.”
He’s at it again with his newest creation, The Curse of Crow Hollow!
This book hops out of here regularly, so come and check it out as soon as you can! Not convinced? Last year another book of his, The Devil Walks in Mattingly, was the most borrowed book of 2015!
“… recalls Flannery O’Connor with its glimpses of the grotesque and the supernatural. The story unwinds slowly and with a convincing voice that draws the reader deep into the unexplainable.”
– BookPage for The Devil Walks in Mattingly
Check out Billy Coffey’s website to check him out, or come to the library to check out his other books!
New author, new series, NEW YEAR; starting it off with a bright new book series hot off the press — they will have you sitting on the edge of your seat for hours. Check out the author’s website, Ronie Kendig.
Curious what others thought of this series?
“Firethorn has many moving parts that synchronize together with the beautiful precision of an expensive Rolex watch!”
– Don Brown, author of Navy Justice series
“My heart hammered against my chest with every plot twist. The danger and the romance set the stage for Ronie Kendig’s Digitalis. A writer to watch!”
– DiAnn Mills, author of the Call of Duty series